Saturday, January 13, 2018

Ork Mek Work in Progress


Hit it with a wrench

     I assembled this Mek (or as I can't stop calling him "Mek Boy" from codices past) as part of my Burna Boys that I completed just recently.  I've always really enjoyed the concept of the Ork mechanic, hitting broken things with bigger heavier things in order to hopefully get them to work.  The idea that Ork technology is impossible, meaning it couldn't work were it not that the Orks are actually all psykers and their sheer force of will makes their inventions work is just enchanting to me.  I just wish I had that ability.

     I would also like to point out that this model represents something that sets Games Workshop apart from their competitors.  This Mek is an optional model that can be found as a part of a multi-unit build box.  The Burnas/Lootas box allows you to build your own Mek with a good number of options.  Essentially a custom character and he's just part of a multi-unit box.  Who else does that this well?

     This model should be finished in the next couple of days.  I'm really loving it and I hope it stands out in my army.

     Enough rambling, here's another shot:


No comments:

Post a Comment